Here is your weekly Saturday list of the ten best selling books about the Civil War in Florida according to the data at http://www.barnesandnoble.com/:
- The Battle of Marianna, Florida
- The Battle of Natural Bridge, Florida
- The Civil War on Pensacola Bay, 1861-1862
- Florida in the Civil War
- Discovering the Civil War in Florida: A Reader and Guide
- Rebel Storehouse: Florida's Contribution to the Confederacy
- Stephen Russell Mallory: A Biography
- Florida's Lighthouses during the Civil War
- Confederate Florida: The Road to Olustee
- The Battle of Olustee, 1864: The Final Union Attempt to Seize Florida
Thank you again to everyone who has helped make my two books, The Battle of Marianna, Florida and The Battle of Natural Bridge, Florida, so successful this year. I donate the profits from these volumes to heritage-related organizations and, thanks to you, a number of worthwhile projects have received funding as a result of the success of these volumes.
In addition, you have helped prove that there is a market for detailed histories of smaller historical events. This is very encouraging both to me and other writers who are considering similar projects. Hopefully it will also encourage more traditional publishers of historical work to broaden their horizons a little.
Autographed copies of the books can be purchased online at http://www.exploresouthernhistory.com/ and, as always, they are available at http://www.barnesandnoble.com/, http://www.amazon.com/, etc. If you are in Northwest Florida, signed copies are also available at Chipola River Book and Tea at 4402 Lafayette Street in downtown Marianna (across the street from the Battle of Marianna monument).